Here is a list of things you can be awesome at: being a good friend, being the best at whatever your day job is, marriage and dating relationships, spirituality, keeping a home, parenting, caring for loved ones, automobile-maintenance. There are other things that could go on this list, I’m sure – feel free to add them, because yes! They are also possible. To be awesome at everything, as far as I can tell, there are two ways. Please read through the options below and choose the one that you believe will serve you best.
This option will allow you to be everything to everyone, all the time. You can do it! Here’s how:
1. Do not sleep more than 2 hours per night.
2. Forget to eat. When you do eat, choose whatever is fastest and easiest, and only when you have to.
3. Cut back on hygiene, privacy, and any reading you may be doing.
4. Say yes to everything anyone asks from you.
5. When something bad happens, take the blame immediately and strive to keep whatever it was from happening again even if it’s technically “not your business.”
So much can be accomplished by cutting down on the amount of time you spend frittering away on yourself. I would estimate that this method would be sustainable for 2-4 weeks at least. Maybe more if you don’t mind a little burn-out and adrenal fatigue!
This option is the one that makes you shake your fist at me for tricking you into reading an article about living a “balanced” life. I understand. But you’ve come this far, so hang in there!
“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” -A.A. Milne